We help businesses develop a fresh and useful perspective on their future which in turn can inform strategic development.
To do this, we answer three key questions:
- What forces are shaping the category?
- What consumer or customer shifts are taking place?
- How is the category evolving?
- What are our competitors doing?
- What does our future look like?
- What future scenarios can we envision to understand tomorrow's possibilities?
- How can we shape the market to unlock a desirable future?
- Where can we spot opportunity areas that will future-proof our business by unlocking growth?
- What blueprint can we develop to unlock growth?
- What platforms for innovation can we put in place to prepare for future scenarios?
To answer these questions, we generally follow a three-stage approach as follows, tailored to the unique question(s) at hand:
- Exploration: We start with gathering quantitative and qualitative insights including drivers of change, macro-forces, trends, stakeholder and expert interviews, and published perspectives and reports.
- Envisioning: Using any number of frameworks (depending on the time frame and project objective) we build scenarios that describe plausible and impactful futures.
- Activating: We refine the scenarios and embed them within the organization through co-creation labs (Future Forums), and activate through back-planning strategy sessions and whitespace opportunity identification.